SKU (ISBN): 9781784982898
Binding: Trade Paper
Publisher: The Good Book Company
2. No Noisy Gong Or Clanging Cymbal (13 V 1)
3. Knowledge + Faith Needs Love (13 V 2)
4. More Than Sacrifice (13 V 3)
5. Gentle Jesus, Meek And Mild? (13 V 4a)
6. The Humble I AM (13 V 4b)
7. Manners Maketh The Man (13 V 4c)
8. He Did Not Please Himself (13 V 5a)
9. I Did It His Way (13 V 5b)
10. When Providence Rubs The Wrong Way (13 V 5c)
11. Joy In Truth (13 V 6)
12. Bearing All Things (13 V 7a)
13. Believing All Things (13 V 7b)
14. Hoping All Things (13 V 7c)
15. Enduring All Things (13 V 7d)
16. Everlasting Love (13 V 8a)
17. Gifts Are Not Everything (13 V 8b)
18. The Hidden And Revealed (13 V 9)
19. Christ In The Future Perfect (13 V 10)
20. Childhood Left Behind (13 V 11)
21. Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall (13 V 12a,c)
22. Seeing Face To Face (13 V 12b,d)
23. Lasting Faith And Hope (13 V 13a, B)
24. Simply The Greatest (13 V 13c-d)
Love is at the heart of Christmas-it’s the reason behind all our gathering and gift-giving at this time of year. In this Advent devotional, Dr Sinclair B Ferguson refreshes our hearts as we reflect on the source it all-love incarnate, Jesus Christ.
Over the course of December, this devotional walks through 1 Corinthians 13 phrase-by-phrase, showing us that “love is” the Lord Jesus himself.
Sinclair Ferguson brings the rich theology of the incarnation to life with his trademark warmth and clarity. Drawing on stories from the Gospels, we’ll see what “love” looked like in the life of Christ, and be challenged us to love like him. Each day’s reading finishes with a question for reflection and a prayer.
However you’re feeling-weary or frantic, lonely or lovesick-your heart will be refreshed as you wonder again at the truth that love came down at Christmas in the person of Jesus Christ.